ReCaFoP – Strengthen vocational training capacities in Mali (Gao and Mopti)
Strengthening technical trainings for sustainable natural resource management and providing economic opportunities for youth & women
This project in Mali (Gao and Mopti) is implemented by a consortium of three dutch partners (of which iCRA is one), one Belgium partner and 2 TVETs in Mali – CFACPAM (Mopti) and the CFP-PAS (Gao). KIT (Royal Tropical Institute) is leading this consortium.
The project aims to provide support needed to ensure that TVETs (technical and vocational education and training) & higher education institutes in Mali and the Netherlands are better equiped to reach their goals, are anchored in their environment and work in response to labor market needs and those of marginalized groups .
Further, the project will heavily invest in the knowledge and skills of individuals and organizations (in Mali and the Netherlands), also taking into account important labor market needs and those of marginalized groups.
OKP Project Mali Official launch. From left to right : M. M. Moumouni DAMANGO (Dutch Embassy, M. Joseph Seh (NUFFIC), M. Yacouba Garba Maiga (Minister of Education and professional training), M. Gérard Baltissen (KIT, project’s co-Director), Mrs Aissata Maiga (Ministry of Higher Education), M. Sory Samassekou (CFASPAM Mopti, project’s co-Director)
What does this project wish to achieve?
The desired long-term impacts of this #OrangeKnowledge project are to:
- Stimulate the growth of agricultural productivity
- Create ecologically sustainable production systems
- Ensure sustainable and equitable management of water resources on a national level
The desired medium term impacts are to ensure that:
- The education system (TVET / ES) is of good quality, relevant and accessible
- Partnerships between individuals and organizations are sustainable and inclusive
- Key organizations for inclusive country development partners are reinforced by an influx of skilled workers
iCRA will coordinate the actions of this project.
We will contribute to trainings of trainers, contribute to much-needed interaction with the labor market and ensure integration of innovations in curricula.