Making Agribusiness Work
Building trust in agribusiness relationships for sustainable growth
Do you want to be able to build trust that leads to sustainable business relationships? Do you want to help negotiate better deals? Then this is the course for you!
As an agribusiness professional, you want to find ways to grow your career and business in the most effective way. With this blended course i.e. combination of online learning with face-to-face group training, you can learn all the skills needed to improve your contribution to the agriculture value chain in the comfort of your home or office. Will you start the journey of expanding your knowledge, today? Life-long learning is available right here at iCRA!
- Creating market value
- Building and maintaining profitable business relationships
- Setting up local business networks
- Real life case: learning about public-private partnerships aiming at processing enterprises, sourcing from farmers local farmers
- Group facilitation & coaching skills
- Negotiation and conflict handling
- Durable contracting
- Business Advisory Services in value chain partnerships
Current course dates:
9 May – 23 July 2022 | Blended course: online/part-time and
including one week Face-to-Face group training: 12 – 18 June
click here for our anual trajectories on agribusiness
Interested in our course? Apply here:
For our Agribusiness course in French, see: Booster l’Agri-business
Do you want to check out our scholarship opportunities for our
‘Making Agribusiness Work’ courses? Look here:
The role of agribusiness advisors is ever changing! The job has increasingly become diverse, demanding and complex. Nowadays, agribusiness advisors are expected to network; to link farmers to other farmers, embed them in strong producer organizations and support the development of professional business relationship with market actors, financial services, input services and other agribusiness actors. Today’s agribusiness advisors rely on an extensive combination of competencies, technical and interpersonal and the right mindset. In this course, you will learn to facilitate and coach not only single actors, but whole inclusive agribusiness partnerships to unlock real win-win situations!
The secret of successful service providers is that they go beyond a one-off-training and invest in sustainable and financially viable relations.
Josephine is an ambitious private business advisor. She is eager to invest more time in networking and establishing long-term relationships with her clients: SMEs , FO and other agribusiness actors. In this course Josephine will sharpen her business focus and learn how to come to meaningful propositions for her clients. Hereby, she will get more paid assignments and expand her advisory business!
Moreno is a critical and innovative public agri-extension agent. He likes to broaden and update his understanding of the current business and development trends in the agri-extension and build his advisory network. Thereby he will be able to better coordinate, steer and evaluate the efforts of private advisory services. As such, he contributes towards more effective agricultural service delivery!
Can you relate to Josephine or Moreno? Then this course is for you!
Successful projects, collaborations and business advisory services not only assist smallholder farmers and agri-entrepreneurs in making substantial and sustainable profit, they also assist them in doing it more efficiently. Preparing farmers and agri-entrepreneurs for a successful future beyond the terms of a contract, project or collaboration is not always easy. This course gives you the knowledge and tools to make real impact and develop long-term business relationships.
Are you ready for it?
In June 2021 we give this course as a two month fully online programme. In 2022 we aim to offer a blended programme again, a combination of online learning elements and a week face-to-face group training including field visits, provided the COVID-19 situation allows it.
Who can attend this course?
The course is specially designed for professionals who…
- Are practitioners and field staff from businesses and organizations supporting agribusiness actors with the goal of contributing to local entrepreneurial development and food security.
- Work in a business context in the agri-sector and want to contribute to local entrepreneurial development and food security.
- Are ambitious and want to make a change
- Are proficient in English
The course will provide you with concrete skills that you may immediately apply in your work:
- You will learn how to build trust to establish sustainable business relationships among farmers, agri-entrepreneurs, lenders, and input and service providers;
- You will improve your facilitation and negotiation skills and this will make you more confident in helping farmers, agri-entrepreneurs etc.. to draft contracts, and pave the way for better business deals;
- You will get practical tips on how to secure a stable flow of income for your advisory services.
“Very practical and necessary for innovation strategies in agribusiness enterprises. Uses real life situations and examples to bring theory into reality. The reality of life.”
This course is a recognised NUFFIC course and therefore qualifies for OKP Scholarships. Each course participant will receive a certificate of attendance after successfully completing the course.