Making Education Work
Transforming education for youth employment in the agri-sector
Making Education Work provides participants with practical competencies necessary to provide the next general of hands-on graduates to the agri-sector.
There is currently one edition open for enrollment:
- Making Education Work: 2 week course in the Netherlands
Are you in a leadership position? All of iCRA’s Making Education Work courses can be topped up by our Making Leadership Work masterclass designed to boost your leadership skills.
Making Education Work:
2 week course in the Netherlands
Are you a teacher or professional in the agri-education sector? Do you want to prepare your students for the labour market more effectively? Are you uncertain if your curriculum achieves this? Do you find it challenging to integrate practice in your lessons?
This course consists of 2 weeks intensive face-2-face training in the Netherlands. You will learn through practise by applying the new skills you gain to your own real-life cases. You will also visit renowned agricultural education institutes such as Wageningen University and Research. You will see the impact of competency-based learning on the students’ future and be challenged to apply the knowledge you gain in your own classes.
Through face-to-face training sessions, workshops, field visits, networking, personal mentorship, and individual feedback from our trainers, you will learn how to best:
- Implement new, interdisciplinary approaches and tools for designing and delivering experiential and interactive learning programmes.
- Ground education in real life and offer learning that goes beyond the confines of the classroom.
- Strengthen links with the labour market and partners to produce more employable graduates.
- Develop exciting course programmes that enable students to put their knowledge and skills into practice.
- Build on your knowledge and experience to help you discover new opportunities and partnerships.
This course is designed for all agri-education professionals who want to provide more engaging, impactful education. It provides practical methods and stimulate critical thinking regarding how to improve education programmes.
There are currently no scholarships available for this course. Registrations for self-paying or externally-funded participants are still open.
Course Duration: April 15th – 26th 2024
Start Date: April 15th 2024
This course takes place face-to-face in the Netherlands
Price = € 3747
Applications receiving a scholarship will have all course costs covered.
“A cross cutting course, an eye opener which must not be missed by anyone in higher education.
A pure remedy on all problems of our education system.”
– Pedzisai Matimbe, iCRA Alumni
These courses are recognised NUFFIC course and therefore can qualify for scholarships. If you are awarded a scholarship you will receive a certificate of attendance after successfully completing the course.