Making Education Work
Transforming education for youth employment in the agri-sector
Want to deliver the next generation of entrepreneurial and hands-on graduates?
Design and delivery for building competences
Session design and delivery
- Deliver the theory of your courses in a focused and engaging way
- Motivating students through a reflective start
- Flipping the classroom
- Stimulating interaction in large groups
Practice-based and real-life learning for more employable graduates
- Problem- and Practice-based learning
- Real-life learning and Action research practices
- Engaging with Stakeholders in your community
- Defining Profiling competences and professional tasks related to the labour market and societal needs
- Developing competence-based study programmes
Current course dates:
14 – 20 Nov 2021, in the Netherlands
25 Oct – 17 Dec full programme incl. online learning
*19 April – 9 July 2021 | Online and part-time (registration is closed)
Interested in our course? Apply here:
Do you want to check out our scholarship opportunities for our ‘Making Education Work’ course? Look here:
Welcome to our learning programme for lecturers, instructors & researchers at universities or vocational training centres in agriculture and rural development.
Are you looking for ways of motivating your students to participate actively in your courses? Are you challenged to develop curricula that prepare competent graduates for the labour market or for even start their own business? This course helps you to create links with the labour market and match the demands of the private and public agricultural sectors.
In our online and blended training
You will learn how to link your classes with the future job reality of your students by identifying the needs of the labour market. You will learn practical ways to go beyond conventional teaching methodology in your courses. Based on your fellow participants’ cases you will learn to assess students’ competencies beyond the traditional exams. You will also visit Dutch education institutes to see these tools in action.
You will learn to present with impact and use video as a tool to sell your key message to your students and trainees. You will learn how to create more interaction in small and large audiences and motivate students to take a pro-active approach.
Digital modules (online)
The digital modules consist of audio and video files, transcripts, ready-made templates, background reading and practical assignments deepening the materials dealt with in the face-to-face training.
Individual coaching (online)
You will get personal feedback from the iCRA trainers and fellow trainees on your practical assignments as well as coaching as you apply your learnings in your own context. We help you achieve your personal learning objectives and beyond
Online mastermind sessions (online).
During online group mastermind sessions, you can ask all the questions you like and discuss and reflect upon common challenges with your fellow trainees and iCRA trainer.
In April we give this course as a three month fully online programme. Later in the year we aim to offer a blended programme, a combination of online learning elements and a week face-to-face group training including field visits in the Netherlands, provided the COVID-19 situation allows it.
Who can attend this course?
The course is specially designed for professionals who…
- Are ambitious and want to make a change
- Are ready to invest 6-8 hours hours per week for the duration of the course
- Have at least five years professional experience, preferably in tertiary agricultural education and training or a related field
- Are proficient in English
‘Making Education Work’ will help you gain the skills to have classes full of proactive students who are eager to learn!
Your work will have great and meaningful effect when you know how:
- To conduct a labour market assessment and define a competence profile that will include prospective employers’ needs in your course curricula
- Design sessions where students practice the skills they need to get a job
- Give a convincing presentation to your students using video tools
Combine your teaching tasks with service delivery to farmers, agri-businesses or civil society organisations
- By designing real-life learning events for your students to practice the skills they need to perform in the ‘real’ world
“A cross cutting course, an eye opener which must not be missed by anyone in higher education. A pure remedy on all problems of our education system. It taught us to be inclusive in our education system. Including all stakeholders for the betterment of our societies.”
This course is a recognised NUFFIC course and therefore qualifies for OKP & MENA Scholarships. Each course participant will receive a certificate of attendance after successfully completing the course.