Frequently Asked Questions
What to do?
1. If I cannot upload a copy of my passport on the START page?
Make sure your file’s size is less than 1.5 MB
2. If I cannot move to the next page?
Check whether you missed filling in a required field.
3. If I cannot open or submit the application form?
Check whether using another internet browser works. Try Google Chrome or Mozilla.
When it gets closer to the application deadline, the site might be overloaded. Try to fill in the form during a less busy time.
4. I have filled in my application form and submitted it, but I did not receive a confirmation.
After submitting your application, you should receive a confirmation and summary of your application.
The confirmation email might have ended up in your junkmail folder, please check.
5. Can I apply to more than one course?
Yes, you may apply to more than one course. However, if you attended a course already, you should not apply for the same course again. We advise that you only apply for courses that are suited to your background. We do not advise that you apply for all the courses, as this does not show a particular interest in a field.
6. I already attended an iCRA training course last year. Can I apply for another one in this scholarship round?
Yes, you may apply for another course in the next or subsequent scholarship rounds.
7. There was an error in my scholarship application form. Can I submit a new one?
Yes, you can submit a new one.
8. Can I edit my scholarship application because there was an error in my application?
No, the system does not allow you to edit the application you submitted.
9. Will iCRA arrange for my visa?
No, it is the responsibility of the participant to apply for a visa. The scholarship covers part of the cost of the visa, but not the full amount. The Registration Office will be able to give you some documents, such as the Hotel Letter to assist with your application.
10. Is the training fully funded by the scholarship, as I have limited resources?
The scholarship covers a number of costs such as travel and accommodation. Here is an example from Round 1 2023 (LINK) Be prepared to have to pay some costs or to ask your employer to pay for some costs e.g. travel to the visa office for your visa appointment or to pick your visa up again.
11. Can I come to live permanently in The Netherlands when I join iCRA training?
No you will apply for a Schengen visa to visit the Netherlands for up to 90 days or usually for the duration of the face to face training.
OKP & MENA/MSP Scholarship application
What to do?
1. Can I apply for these Scholarships?
In order to qualify, applicants should be working in and be a national of OKP countries or MSP (MENA) countries.
MENA Scholarship applicants should be 45 years of age or younger.
MENA Scholarships are only for courses we give in the Netherlands! Eligible applicants should NOT be working for:
• multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft),
• large national and/or large commercial organisations,
• bilateral donor organisations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid),
• multilateral donor organisations (e.g. a UN organisation, World Bank, IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB),
• international NGO’s (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care).
You can also check: OKP information for Scholarship applicants
2. Where can I find the link to apply for an OKP/MSP scholarship?
The link is at the bottom of the scholarship page. Make sure you scroll down to the bottom.
3. What should I submit/upload with my Scholarship application?
See the our scholarship page for detailed information.
4. Can you guide me with my application for OKP/MSP funding?
We would like you to be as independent as possible when applying for funding. Research our website, especially our scholarship page, which has valuable advice. Here is a LINK to a webinar on how to apply for funding.
5. I am not able to upload my employer’s statement or passport!
Check whether your documents are in PDF format and not more than 2 MB in size.
6. Is there an employer statement template in French or do I have to use the English template?
We have an employer statement template in French for French speaking courses only. Please see our scholarship page.
7. I am not able to access the Scholarship application form.
The DELTA website for the Scholarship applications might be overloaded. So wait and try again later at a more quiet time.
8. I am a consultant or have my own organisation and I am not employed. Can I apply for a scholarship?
Somebody has to sign the employer statement for you. If your organisation has a board or you do a lot of work for a specific organisation, the chair of the board or the executive of that organisation you work for can sign the employer statement.
9. I am not able to submit my Scholarship application.
Changing your internet browser to Google Chrome or Mozilla might help. Also, check whether the documents you have uploaded are over 2MB in size or not in PDF format.
10. I did not receive a confirmation by email that I submitted my Scholarship application.
That is correct. After submitting your application, a pop-up window will appear indicating that you submitted your Scholarship application. Before actually submitting your application there is a possibility to save it.