iCRA is a not-for-profit, training-based organisation, dedicated to inclusion of small-scale farmers in sustainable agribusiness in the Global South. We invest in people, their skills and (business) relationships to build solid foundations for successful interventions and sustainable impact in the agriculture sector. iCRA supports individuals, networks, businesses, institutions and organisations to make connections and find solutions at the source - to the benefit of all.
We have been working in the agriculture sector for more than 35 years and we are well known for our international short courses for professionals. iCRA does a lot of work with universities, TVETs and research centres to transform curricula, to prepare the next generations of highly skilled and entrepreneurial graduates and to produce research that matches the needs of farming communities.
We are looking for motivated and energetic interns. In the last year, iCRA’s’ open subscription course program has grown significantly. We get more participants and we offer more courses in more countries. Additionally, we have developed a blended learning approach for our courses which combines online and face-to-face learning.
As iCRA intern, you will contribute to enlarging our training implementation power and help us make the shift to more online learning and coaching. You will not only think along how to give our international participants the best online learning experience, you will make it happen! You will:
• Learn about online workshop and training session design and be a sparring partner to iCRA’s experienced trainers on how to make their e-learning even more fun and attractive;
• Use your multimedia skills to develop online learning materials (e.g. recording and editing of audio/video sketches, explanations and/or demonstrations);
• Support iCRA’s marketing and communications officer to develop marketing materials and content on its training (and e-learning) activities for its website and social media;
• Support delivery of iCRA’s online courses, by preparing the ‘online training rooms’ (uploading all learning materials to our online Learning Management System, doing test-runs to make sure everything works, support course participants with troubleshooting and practical questions, support trainers to plan and facilitate their live-online sessions in Zoom, MS Teams, …);
• You have a strong interest in and affinity with multimedia
• You are familiar with multimedia software and excited about blended and online learning. Experience with (a) Learning Management Systems(s) is an advantage;
• You work independently enough to dare to make your own mistakes, and love team work to then solve these together quickly!
• Flexible, entrepreneurial team player who knows how to ‘roll up his/her sleeves’;
• Fluent or native speaker in English. French or Spanish is an advantage.
• You are available for at least 4 days a week; and minimum 3 months, starting 1. September 2020
You should be a European national or in possession of a valid work permit and based in The Netherlands, preferably close to Wageningen. We believe in giving young people a chance to gain experience and are open to explore potential employment after a positive evaluation.
In case you are interested, send you CV and motivation (each max 1 page) to Nicola Schoeman at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further general information please also contact Nicola Schoeman at 064 580 4292
iCRA is an equal opportunity employer