Job Opportunities at iCRA
Are you interested in joining our team?
Take a look at the vacancies below or send an open application to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Student Job/Internship: Course Assistant at International NGO (French Speaking)
iCRA is a non-profit centre of excellence specialized in partnership facilitation and practice-based learning for professionals working in the agri-food sector. We have 40 years track record in capacity building with the aim to prepare agribusiness professionals of today and tomorrow to play their part in rural development and innovation.
We are a project-focused organization working with partner organizations in sub–Saharan Africa, Latin America and beyond! We also regularly offer short courses to highly international participants. We work with a broad range of audiences from partner universities, course alumni, international funders and more – there is never a dull moment!
Who you are
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated student, fluent in both French and English, to assist in the implementation of our ‘Booster la Recherche’ and ‘Booster l‘Education’ training programs. These courses are specially designed for research and education professionals in the agri-food and food sectors. They aim to strengthening such professionals’ participatory action research skills and encourage a practiced-based learning approach to strengthen the impact of their work within communities and universities.
This opportunity offers a unique experience to contribute to the success of international research and education. If you are passionate about research, training and intercultural communication and you want to play an active role in strengthening the skills of researchers and educators – this is the prefect opportunity.
We are looking for a student, living not far from Wageningen, in the Netherlands. If you are looking for an internship or student job and are an organized, a team-player who isn’t afraid to pick up the phone in French and English language – we warmly invite you to apply!
What you will do
- Coordinate field visits: Collaborate with speakers to organize visits and presentations, ensuring that participants take full advantage of the concrete examples presented.
- Facilitate practical exercises: Assist in the implementation of interactive exercises, encouraging the active participation of participants and reinforce the skills they are taught.
- Support participants: Offer support to participants to guide them through the learning process, answer their questions and help them maximize their training experience.
- Logistical assistance: Collaborate with the training team to ensure that the training runs smoothly, manage administrative aspects and follow up on the necessary logistical formalities.
- Interpretation and translation: Facilitate communication during field visits by providing translation as required.
You won’t be doing this alone! You will primarily work with the course coordinators, but also with other iCRA trainers, our office manager and course registration officer. If you are interested, you could also take on some content related tasks within our courses and help to give feedback to participants.
What we offer
- A warm, international work environment.
- Space for your own ideas and creativity.
- Starting at the latest February 30 and working until May 15.
- Part-time commitment of 2 to 3 days a week. You can plan your working hours flexibly.
- Market compliant remuneration depending on your experience.
What we ask
- Student at HBO or University level.
- Independent and with a practical mindset.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Fluency in French and English. Speaking Dutch is an advantage.
How to apply
Please share a motivation video and CV to Myriam Perez using the email address email@example.com before 15th February. For questions call: +31 (0)317 422 938