Job Opportunities at iCRA
Branding and Communications Specialist
iCRA is a not-for-profit organisation, dedicated to inclusion of small holder farmers in sustainable agribusiness in Low- and Middle-income countries. We invest in people, their skills and (business) relationships to build solid foundations for successful interventions and sustainable impact in the agriculture sector. iCRA supports individuals, networks, businesses, institutions and organisations to make connections and find solutions at the source - to the benefit of all.
iCRA has its head offices in Wageningen in the Netherlands and has an office in Montpelier, France. We are represented by the ‘iCRA group’ of certified trainers and consultants in the countries we work.
The agriculture sector has been our domain for almost 40 years. iCRA is well known for its international short courses for professionals. Besides our international short courses for professional in these domains, we have evolved into a project focused organization as well; working with partners in sub Saharan Africa, Latin America and beyond! iCRA does a lot of work with universities, TVETs and research centres to transform curricula to prepare the next generations of highly skilled and entrepreneurial graduates and to produce research that matches the need of farming communities. We provide agribusiness coaching to improve the performance of smallholder supply chains; and by focussing on professional & trustful business relationships and improved negotiation & contracting, we work towards sustainable win-win situations that last.
We have quite a wide range of audiences, from partnering universities, to alumni, donors and more, so there is never a dull moment!
Role and responsibilities
We are looking for a hands-on communications and branding specialist who can give colour, name and fame to iCRA. You will inspire us to inspire others, through sharing our story, services and successes with our partners and clients. You can see the bigger picture and translate it into sales-oriented action!
We are a small and very active team and are looking for a colleague who is a self-starter and a team player at the same time. Do you entail this rare combination of skills and expertise? We welcome experienced talents, but if you have little working experience, we still would like to meet you.
A few examples of your activities:
- Plan, create and implement digital marketing campaigns to increase iCRA’s audience and increase course applications
- Plan, develop and implement Webinars and Podcasts to give value to iCRA’s audience while growing iCRA’s online presence.
- Developing content for website and social media (think about interviewing colleagues about their projects, reporting on one of our courses…)
- Implement our online presence, refresh our website frequently and make iCRA an active player on Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin.
- Prepare mailings in Mailchimp for our alumni and network
- Use design templates in Indesign to create communication & marketing materials.
- Engage with translators and designers to develop new materials – you coordinate the whole process!
- Prepare and develop documents and presentations that aligns with the iCRA brand.
- Help organizing the celebration of the 40th anniversary of iCRA in 2023.
- Of course, you’re always on the look-out for great communications content during our courses. You will be engaging with professionals from all over the world, collecting testimonials and visuals for storytelling and marketing purposes.
Education and experience
- Education at Vocational or Bachelor level relevant to the position, preferably in communications, marketing, branding or similar field
- Exceptional skills in content creation for various types of media.
- Fluent in WordPress, a background in web design will be an advantage.
- A creative mind for design and imagery with an affinity for branding.
- Excellent copywriting and storytelling skills.
- A communication expert who knows how to keep all social media channels strong.
- PR experience, good at networking and collaborating with partners.
- Knowledge of paid social media campaigns, SEO and Google Analytics.
- Good skills working with design programmes such as Adobe Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Premier Pro.
- Data driven, can plan, create and execute campaigns while monitoring the success of campaigns.
- Excellent at internal communications, can motivate and guide colleagues to gathering and processing content.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently as well as being an excellent team player who can work well (remotely) in a multi-cultural, flexible and dynamic environment;
- Proven ability to solve problems with the ability to think fast, creatively and find workable solutions for all parties involved;
- Written and spoken English at C1 level, good knowledge of Dutch and French is a strong advantage;
- Aaffinity with not-for-profit work in international development.
What we offer
This position is 0,8 FTE, based on a 36-hour workweek. We are, however, open to discuss alternative scenarios with the right candidate.
You will work in a small but very international team at our office in Wageningen. You will report to the Executive Director. Working remotely is possible, you are expected to be in the office at least two days a week.
The salary will be based on qualifications and experience, within the range of EUR 2.500 and EUR 3.800 per month (full time 36 hours equivalent). The appointment is for one year, with the intention of converting it into a permanent employment afterwards. Applicants should be European nationals or in possession of a valid work permit and based in The Netherlands, preferably close to Wageningen.
Please send your motivation letter and detailed curriculum and contact details to Nicola Schoeman: email@example.com
The deadline for applications is the 15th May 2020
For further general information please contact Nicola Schoeman.
iCRA is an equal opportunity employer.