ATAB – Technical Assistance Agrinatura in Burundi
In line with – the Support Program for Sustainable Rural Development for nutrition, phase 1″ implemented by the EU in Burundi.
AGRINATURA has mandated iCRA to coordinate ATAB and be in charge of communication with partners and stakeholders in Europe and Burundi.
This collaboration aims to put more science at the service of development for the purpose of making choices (techniques and financing) based on quantitative and qualitative analyzes/studies. It is also about strengthening national research capabilities and encouraging partnerships between European / international and Burundian research entities.
The overall goal is to contribute to the sustainable reduction of food insecurity and undernutrition in Burundi.
The specific objective (effect) is to improve the impact of European cooperation on food and nutritional security, and for an agriculture lastingly improving the resilience of the Burundian population.
The desired achievement of this specific objective will allow ATAB to:
- Contribute to the strategic thinking and sectoral decision-making of the EU and its European partners in Burundi,
- Strengthen the capacities of Burundian partners involved in the fight for food security,
- Foster communication through the production of quality technical and scientific information.
ATAB will contribute to EU interventions in Burundi by providing analysis and technical advice / guidance in three specific areas:
- The logic of value chains;
- The routes and technical processes of the value chains;
- Risk management tools in a logic Public-private partnership, PPP – insurance, credit, information systems, ….